WEEKLY ON THURSDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GRAB A ROLL OF QUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET YOUR EUCHRE FRIENDS KNOW ………………. and Please forward this to any other eastside euchre players who might be interested.
Also “LIKE” us on FACEBOOK – American Legion Post 318 Anderson – Anderson Township, Ohio
It is a $5 buy in (1/2 of which goes to the Post to support their veteran efforts) – the other half is prize money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and the “euchre pot” is split between two names of non-winners who split the euchre pot at the end of the tournament. Last place finisher gets $5.
Address for the Post is: The PATRIOT CENTER, 6660 Clough Pike, Cincinnati, Oh 45244.
Start at 7 pm (try to arrive by 6:45 p.m.) and will hopefully be over by 10 – 10:15 pm.
8-9 rounds of 8 hands per round (at least that is what we strive for, but we usually do 8 because of time restrictions for most people on a Thursday night).
Rules sheet follows. Hope to see you there. Questions call Joe Baker at 513.289.9044
EUCHRE – HOUSE RULES OF PLAY
For American Legion Post 318 – Anderson
If you do not like one of these rules, or want to add new ones, clarify, or change, please let us know.
If we get enough complaints, we will consider it.
1. THE MAIN THING IS TO – HAVE FUN ….and PAY ATTENTION!
1a. – NEW RULE FOR NUMBER OF PLAYERS/TABLES – DUE TO THE BAR ROOM LIMITED SIZE, WE WILL START LOCKING THE DOORS WHEN WE HAVE 36 PEOPLE (9 TABLES).
2. Each round is 8 hands. Each player deals twice. No stolen deals. Then you record scores and move to next table, if open.
3. Play is S.T.D. (stick the dealer) after 7 consecutive PASSES in a hand – dealer HAS to call trump (NEW RULE for dealer to pick up a 2-card kitty, if stuck).
4. If you are dealt all 9‘s and 10”s, it is a re-deal. An Ace counts as a face card.
5. Must have natural trump to order up or call trump. (i.e you cannot order up a spade if you only have the jack of clubs and no other spades). A re-deal is required if this is done in error.
6. Play the hand you’re dealt, in other words, do not “help/coach/suggest” your partner until after the hand is over.
7. If the dealer picks up the face-up card to make trump when it is their turn, and discards their 6th card, the person to their left can lead immediately. If the dealer wants to go “ALONE”, then they must declare that they are going alone before they discard. If they discard, then hesitate, the person on their left can lead their card, if they choose, the dealer has lost their chance to go alone.
7a. Shout out LONER! for confirmation.
8. BYE players (not playing a round) shall receive 7 pts on their scorecards for each game they sit out.
9. The table scorekeeper should mark your final game score on your score sheet upon completion of the 8 hands. Please check your scorecard after each hand for addition and correctness.
10. Each team does not partner up again (hopefully). The more players we have, the less likely this will occur.
11. No “table talk” or long hesitations (if it is over 2-3 seconds). Redeal is required.
12. Say only “Pass; Pick it up; Alone; Clubs; Diamonds; Hearts; or Spades.”
13. No “Kibitzing” (one who looks on, offers advice or adds comment).
14. Do not peek at or expose hands.
15. Do not pass, order, pick up, or name trump out of turn = redeal.
16. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT CHEATING – YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM OUR GAMES.
16. At least 1 player from each team must be present to begin dealing.
17. Player to the left of scorekeeper is the first dealer for a new round.
18. Any player may shuffle the deck, but dealer shuffles last.
19. A cut must be offered to the RHO (right hand opponent), minimum cut is 4 cards.
20. Deal clockwise in 2’s and 3’s.
21. Dealer MUST ensure 4 cards are left in kitty (COUNT THEM!) – top one is turned up and 3 face down. If it is a 3-player table, then dealer should have 2 piles – a 2-card pile, and a 3 card pile with one turned up.
22. Any cards that are exposed during the deal forces a re-deal. Same dealer re-deals.
23. No card is led until the dealer discards if he was ordered to pick it up, or picked it up himself. If the dealer fails to discard = re-deal
24. First player left of the dealer leads initially.
25. Play each hand one card at a time (unless all agree that a point has been won or a euchre has occurred – 3 out of 5)
26. Stack the won tricks in neat books of four in case a “renege” needs to be verified.
27. Each Euchre’d players (2) must pay 25 cents into the “Euchre cup”. At the end of the tournament, the Euchre cup money is either moved to replace the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winnings (if higher) and all successive places move down a place, and original 3rd place money (if changed to a higher amount) is divided into 2 pots at end of night and winners are drawn from the FISHBOWL (losing scorecards.)
28. If you call ALONE and get euchred you pay both euchre $.25s, and the opposing team gets 4 points versus 2 points.
29. A potential renege (playing out of turn, leading out of turn, playing the wrong suit, etc) must be corrected immediately before the next card is played, or raked in, or be penalized (renege = 2/4 pts for other team).
30. A renege is not a euchre, and there is no 25 cent fine for it, BUT opponents do get 2 pts or 4 points (if a loner was tried)