WEEKLY ON THURSDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GRAB A ROLL OF QUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET YOUR EUCHRE FRIENDS KNOW ………………. and Please forward this to any other eastside euchre players who might be interested.
Also “LIKE” us on FACEBOOK – American Legion Post 318 Anderson – Anderson Township, Ohio
It is a $5 buy in (1/2 of which goes to the Post to support their veteran efforts) – the other half is prize money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and the “euchre pot” is split between two names of non-winners who split the euchre pot at the end of the tournament. Last place finisher gets $5.
Address for the Post is: The PATRIOT CENTER, 6660 Clough Pike, Cincinnati, Oh 45244.
Start at 7 pm (try to arrive by 6:45 p.m.) and will hopefully be over by 10 – 10:15 pm.
8-9 rounds of 8 hands per round (at least that is what we strive for, but we usually do 8 because of time restrictions for most people on a Thursday night).
Rules sheet follows. Hope to see you there. Questions call Joe Baker at 513.289.9044
EUCHRE – HOUSE RULES OF PLAY
For American Legion Post 318 – Anderson
If you do not like one of these rules, or want to add new ones, clarify, or change, please let us know.
If we get enough complaints, we will consider it.
1. THE MAIN THING IS TO – HAVE FUN ….and PAY ATTENTION!
2. Each round is 8 hands. Each player deals twice. No stolen deals. Then you record scores and move to next table, if open.
3. Play is S.T.D. (stick the dealer) after 7 consecutive PASSES in a hand – dealer HAS to call trump.
4. If you are dealt all 9‘s and 10”s, it is a re-deal. An Ace counts as a face card.
5. Must have natural trump to order up or call trump. (i.e you cannot order up a spade if you only have the jack of clubs and no other spades).
6. Play the hand you’re dealt.
7. Shout out LONER! for confirmation.
8. BYE players (not playing a round) shall receive 5 pts on their scorecards.
9. Your RHO (right hand opponent) should initial and mark your score on your score sheet upon completion of game.
10. Each team does not partner up again (hopefully). The more players we have, the less likely this will occur.
11. No “table talk” or long hesitations.
12. State only Pass; Pick it up; Alone; Clubs; Diamonds; Hearts; or Spades.
13. No “Kibitzing” (one who looks on, offers advice or adds comment).
14. Do not peek at or expose hands.
15. Do not pass, order, pick up, or name trump out of turn = redeal.
16. All players must be present to begin dealing.
17. Player dealt first jack is first dealer for a new game.
18. Any player can shuffle the deck, but dealer shuffle’s last.
19. A cut must be offered to the RHO (right hand opponent), minimum cut is 4 cards.
20. Deal clockwise in 2’s and 3’s.
21. Any cards that are exposed during the deal forces a misdeal. Same dealer re-deals.
22. No card is led until the dealer discards if the turned-up card is made trump.
23. First player left of the dealer leads initially.
24. Play each hand one card at a time.
25. Stack tricks in neat books of four in case a “renege” needs to be verified.
26. Euchre’d players (2) must pay 25 cents each to “Euchre cup”. Euchre cup money is divided into 2 pots pots at end of night and winners are drawn from the losing scorecards.
27. If you go a LONER and get euchred, then the opposing team gets 4 points versus 2 points.
28. A 2 pt. or 4 pt. (loner) penalty will be assessed to player(s) reneging.
29. If you lead out of turn, it is a renege – other team gets 2/4 points.
30. A potential renege card can be corrected before the next card is played, or be penalized (renege = 2/4 pts for other team).