Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on “APPLICATION” button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application).
Applications are also available at the Post.
2. Copy of DD-214 or Discharge Certificate.
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to American Legion Post 318. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. Once all information has been verified, membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between December 7, 1941 (World War II) and the end of all present hostilities when declared by the United States government.
You must have served at least one day of active military duty during the dates above, and be honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed and Signed Member Data Form.
b. Copy of DD-214 or Discharge Certificate
c. Copy of membership card.
d. Membership dues payment, if current year dues have not been paid.