Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on “APPLICATION” button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application).
Applications are also available at the Post.
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 – January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 – May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 – July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 – January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 – Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year’s membership.